Friday, May 30, 2008

Knowing nature the natural way

This post is a compilation of excerpts of discussions that I have been having with some of my friends lately and is about what we like and what we dislike.

At the lowest level, liking and disliking must be secretion certain types of hormones in the body. Science still has not reached a stage where it can classify these hormones and make a human forcibly like or dislike a thing. These are still under our control.

Not looking at the lowest level of chemicals, can I just say that we like the objects that behave according to their true nature?

I think so.

Cold fire doesn't make sense
Neither does hot ice-cream
Those that behave the way they should
Become the objects of which we dream.

Yes, we do tend to like objects that look and behave like the way they should. In philosophical terms, we give importance ot the objects that follow their "dharma". Dharma is nothing but the boundaries in which an object operates. The dharma of the mirror is to reflect objects. The day mirror decides not to reflect, nobody will use it. Similar is the condition of any object that you can imagine. We do not like polluted air. This is because air is not meant to be polluted. Adding foreign substances to the composition of air makes us not like that.

Is it the same thing with boys and girls? Maybe yes. Humans are also the part of this nature.

But the bottomline is that I am not sure about the natural behavior of boys and girls. So here I would cite the opinion of my friend who managed to convince me temporarily with his logical examples.

Girls are usually shy. Nothing compares a girl's shy smile with a slightly bowed face. The way she slightly looks up at you, smiles and lowers her eyes. An innocent girl will win you over anyday. I guess it might be a cultural thing since this phenomenon is not present to the same degree in all the cultures. Similarly, a boy's nature is more childish and more extravagant. He is adventurous and maybe it's in the hormones.

I apologise for any gender discrimination that I might have made but somehow I agreed with the examples which my friend cited for the above instances.

Based on this, I suddenly get a feeling that a girl which I will like should both be shy and confident. It sounds a contradiction on face but it's the way it is. She must be confident about what she is doing, enthusiastic about what she thinks but at the same time be a bit shy at the right moments.

O God, a girl so innocent
May enter in my life
May she be confident
May stand tall in any strife
I for sure will love her
And invite her in my life.

No comments: